There are a number of ways I can work with you, from a day's workshop or public speaking, to a contract spanning several months.
If you're working on something and would like me to be involved, send me an email or use the form.
Product Developer, Marks & Spencer
- Developed new products in alignment with cross-group creative strategy, customer insight, autonomous research and both macro and category-specific trends.
- Directional research in restaurants, markets, retailers, magazines and recipe books.
- Extensive product benchmarking.
- Upgraded, overhauled and redesigned existing lines and ranges including sausages (complete catalogue), 'Ready to Roast' joints (complete range), Christmas Gammons (complete catalogue) and various products from the Grill range.
- Improved health credentials across existing catalogue with a focus on salt, sugar and fat reduction, as well as targeted NPD.
- Active role in tendering business, creating new best-in-class process for product benchmarking and assessment.
Awards: Olive Magazine Best Sausage in 2015 and 2016, Olive Magazine Best BBQ Pork in 2015, Olive Magazine Best Burger in 2015, Olive Magazine Best Show Off BBQ dish in 2016, silver and gold at the British Sausage Awards in 2015, Best Ready to Cook product Q Awards 2015, Best Overall Product at SuperMeat Awards 2015, Best Added Value and Best Overall Product at the Grocer Awards 2016, Best Christmas Centrepiece, Good Food Tried & Tested Christmas 2016.
Creative Food Director, Ginger Pig
A meat business with seven retail butchery shops, a number of farming practices, excellent sourcing policies and a handful of brilliant, high profile wholesale customers.
- Worked with butchers, bakers and chefs across the business in order to develop and promote the range of sauces, soups, pies, sausages, sausage rolls, prepared dishes, pâtés and terrines.
- Recipe writing and development.
- Developed and managed the ancillary product range of vegetables, spices, herbs, charcuterie and fats.
- Marketing and events: campaign strategy, content creation, lead development, pop-ups and dinners, partnerships, social media, press and PR.
Marketing / Food Expert, Hubbub
A food home delivery service with a twist. Hubbub provides a web platform, logistics and customer service that allows independent food businesses to compete with the convenience of supermarket home deliveries. I had to know about each and every tomato, chestnut, cheese and chop in order to devise the best way to promote and sell them. I worked with fishmongers, greengrocers, butchers, chefs, bakers and deli owners to find out what was new, in season or simply tasting great, and created hundreds of recipes to inspire customers to buy, cook and enjoy great food.
Marketing & Buying, Forman & Field
A salmon smokehouse and gourmet food home delivery service. I was responsible for marketing activities and supplier management, as well as a degree of product sourcing. Suppliers included Neals Yard Dairy, Rinkoff’s Bakery, Emmett’s Ham, Artisan du Chocolat and Trealy Farm.
Front of House, Winteringham Fields
An award-winning, two-Michelin star restaurant in North Lincolnshire. This was my first job at the tender age of 16, and is where I really started to learn about food in great depth; it has since been sold but was INCREDIBLE in its day. I still think about their lemon tarts.
ON THE SIDE
A small, amazing, produce-led team running a fairly new 60-cover restaurant on the Isle of Wight. I completed a short stage in the kitchen here, April 2016, and loved every minute.
A three-month 'hidden' cocktail pop up, dreamt up by bartender (now bar owner) Felix Cohen. He created a brilliant menu and made the drinks, I wrote the copy and worked front of house. Manhattan's Project went on to become the resident bar of POND restaurant in Dalston, and is now Every Cloud, a bonafide cocktail bar in Hackney.
Gin & It
A gorgeous, intelligent drinks magazine, for which I was a sub-editor and contributor in 2012.
A supper club I ran almost fortnightly from 2009 to 2011. I cooked everything and charged only the cost of ingredients, and met some of my best friends along the way.